Monday, November 19, 2007

Daily Life Part 5

Alright, winding down the weekday.

Once I get home I park my bike on this mini walkway between the house and the gravel driveway. That's one thing I kind of miss about Texas, I rarely see any sort of stretch of grass here. Most gardens just have rocks and gravel. Then I walk around to the front door and unlock it. I take off my shoes, put on my slippers and shuffle on down the hall to my room where I set my bag down and then I go to the kitchen/dining/den where my host mom waits up for me while watching TV. Usually I'm the last one home at night so the shower is pretty much always free. That's one drawback to only having one bathroom, one shower, and one sink area between four people. It takes a lot of time for everybody to use them, especially the shower.

I go back to my room, grab my towels and night clothes and hygiene bag and proceed to shower. Whenever I come home late during the week I don't get to soak in the bath, which kind of sucks. On Wednesdays and the weekends, however, I get to soak in the bath like the rest of the family. It feels so good! See, we have to take a thorough shower and wash our hair before we can get in the bath. Before dinner my host mom fills the tub with hot water and puts some sort of liquid thing in it so that it's this faint green color and it smells really good. Once the tub is three quarters full she uses this mat to cover the bath so that it stays warm. One time the water was exceptionally hot. It left a distinct line across my shoulders! From the shoulders down I was bright red for about half an hour after I got out of the bath! I thought I had burned myself.

But once I'm done showering I go back to my room, put up my towels, get out my futon and go to sleep.

I'm out of time now, so I'll go into the weekend next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But those are the best kinds of baths. You get out, beet red and wrinkled as a raisin, thinking, "Hot damn, that was great!"

I can most certainly relate to having to share a bathroom area with 4 other people. Count your blessings you're not sharing it with 4 guys...

Anonymous said...

Hey--try no running H2O and an outhouse!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You mentioned a gravel driveway...I thought your host family did not own a car.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I would be interested to know what the liquid thing is
Dad