Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More Money

So for my birthday I invited a few people to go eat sushi for lunch with me. After kendo practice we met up at a famous sushi chain restuarant (Kappa Sushi) and squeezed into a booth.



After we had finished eating we started talking about driver's licenses and such. (In Japan it costs about 3,000 US dollars to obtain a driver's license.) And then my Japanese friends asked to see the American money I had in my wallet. After I showed them one of my friends pulled out this REALLY REALLY old Japanese currency.



Awesome, huh?

Of course, when I went home later we went over to my host-aunt's house (okaasan was still in the hospital) and we had...guess...SUSHI and cake. But it was nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to know how old the currency was.
Dad