Thursday, December 6, 2007

Pictures

I know I haven't been posting many pictures lately. I've been having trouble transferring pictures from my camera to my computer.

But here are some pictures of my host-family's front garden. It's actually a really common thing to have mostly rocks in your garden here. It's actually pretty rare to see any sort of stretch of grass in this area that I live in. Most of the gardens are very well tended and consist of mainly bushes, flowers, trees, and either huge rocks or gravel or both.


And here are some pictures of flowers I've seen on my way to and from school. These are from a couple of months ago, when it was still warm.


My host parents also took me to a lake a while ago called Sagamiko. I believe the "ko" is the word for lake. It was really pretty but really quite boring.



I'll try to get more pictures of other people's gardens as the seasons progress.

And here is a video I took from the car as we were on our way back home from Sagamiko.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting some "rock culture" while you're away. You know me and rocks.....
Hey=how bout pics of the campus?

Dad said...

Awesome pictures!
Beautiful garden- I wonder about the size of those boulders. How did they get there and for how long? They connote permanence & stability.
Nature is having an orgy in those flower pictures- you should be ashamed ;]
Real eye candy from the lake. Boring probably because it is the off season
Dad