Friday, February 22, 2008

Back in Japan

I'm back! I didn't realize just how much I missed my home away from home until I got back, which is kind of weird, don't you think? My host-dad picked me up from the bus stop and my host-mom had dinner ready when we got to the house. The front door was open when we arrived and my host-mom took out my slippers for me and welcomed me back home. And the house smelled just as it had when I first came here. And my host-brother and his wife were visiting which is always fun. We had sashimi as a celebration of my return. I think the only one not happy to see me was Hachi.

And my flights were ok, thankfully I had an aisle seat on the long one. I breezed through customs and managed to make my way to the bus stop at Sagami-ono all by myself. Here are some pictures from last night's dinner.



Oh and my host-parents converted that little room between my room and the backyard into a little sitting room for me. It's quite cozy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THEY CANNOT KEEP YOU!!!!!!
Food looks good and the brother looks like he is wearing a sarape for a shirt and your mom's new hair cut is very becoming.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!!

I'm trying this once again to leave a comment...I love the pictures, keep them coming...

still waiting for that e-mail you promised me!!! I'm very curious!!!

It was wonderful to see you, and hopefully you'll have a happy stay this time around...See you when you return home!!!