Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nara

Then the next day we decided to do laundry. And we were so happy that the youth hostel had dryers. But, of course, they didn't work very well. When I came back after an hour, my clothes were really warm, but they were still wet. Not moist, wet. So I took them back to my room and hung them up as you can see in my previous photos. So that day I had no jeans to wear, so I went in pajama pants, as you will be able to see in some of the following pictures. However, my travel companion's clothing never actually dried until we got to the hotel in Nagoya about 3 days later.

But we left at about noon, so that we could finish our laundry, which...never actually happened. But anyway, we had to transfer to a private railway to get there, and the station was so confusing! Not NEARLY as user-friendly as the JR-line stations.



And then we walked from the station to Todai-ji which is HUGE. On the way we bought some senbei for the deer and fed them. Both of us got bitten when we didn't feed them more.




Then we made the short walk to the Kasuga shrine. It was so beautiful!



It was rather amazing how there was this HUGE green park-like area that makes up most of the city.

Next on the list is Naruto and the dreaded 13th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the crazy Japanese rules with the funny pictures to help explain.

Apparently a dog that can puff smoke out of it's butt will cause a deer immense, lightning-related stomach pain, as well as cause it to take up smoking. It will then be tormented by some snot-nosed kid with a stick and another angry deer with a yellow stink cloud over its head.

Amazing.