Sunday, April 20, 2008

Okaasan II

Alright, my host-mom came home yesterday. YAY! And I was a bit too harsh on my host-dad, he did do some cleaning since we were getting our new host-student on Thursday. She got here just fine, although I think, since we ate dinner at our host-aunt's house with a total of 8 people, that she was a bit overwhelmed. And my host-mom came back home yesterday, looking as healthy as ever. Apparently they couldn't find anything wrong with her. But we're making her take it easy, and I think it's driving her a bit crazy.

At any rate, I had a horrible first day of school this past Tuesday. I thought it was Monday and on Mondays I don't have to be at school until third period. Unfortunately on Tuesdays, I have a speaking and core Japanese class first and second period. Perfect, right? I miss the most important class I'm taking on the first day of school! Ugh. So I had to e-mail the teachers and apologize and ask for work and stuff. One of them still hasn't gotten back to me. But five of my classes this semester are only in Japanese. The teachers only use Japanese. We're not allowed to talk to each other in English. The homework instructions and SYLLABUS are all in Japanese. Not to mention the textbooks, which are also all in Japanese.

It's actually really great, since that's kind of the reason I came to Japan. But after all day of that sort of thing, I get extremely tired. Kendo is a nice outlet, though, even though nobody speaks English to me in there. But I had 10 PAGES of Japanese homework after missing the first day of my core class. Thankfully a lot of the classes I'm taking are only once or twice a week, or I would die.

Coming up this week is a Kendo camp sort of thing. We'll all be sleeping (separated by gender of course) in the building that our locker rooms are in for 3 days. I don't really know a lot about it, but we have practice at 7:30 in the morning, I think is what somebody told me. And I have a HUGE bruise on my elbow from the armor. Since the armor I wear is new, it's pretty stiff, and so the stomach armor is kind of a bit wide-spread. So every time I would bring my arms down or give someone a faito punch, my elbow would hit the armor. It's a lot better now, but I have to squeeze the armor together while somebody else ties it in order for it not to be so in the way.

Anyway, I better get back to all of my homework.

1 comment:

Yourmove said...

At least you'll be fluent when you come back here! And you guys got another host student? wow they're really taking a lot of people in