Monday, April 7, 2008

Sakura Festival

This past Sunday my host-mom, host-aunt, host-sister, host-sister-in-law, and myself went to the Sagamihara Sakura Festival. Thankfully it took place just before all of this rain came, so we were able to see a lot of blossoms. There are a couple of streets in this city that are just lined with cherry trees. It's really quite beautiful. I actually pass one of them on my way to and from school. Not to mention my school's campus is pretty much surrounded by cherry trees. For the past two weeks the streets and sidewalks have been littered with cherry blossom petals. It's a bit ridiculous, almost. I've seen piles of them against curbs.

But at this festival there was a parade with all sorts of dancing and then they had a Taiko exhibition. And during the parade the wind picked up and cherry blossom petals went fluttering all over the place. In fact I took a video where it almost looks like it's snowing, but it's actually just sakura petals.



And here is that video I was talking about:

2 comments:

Yourmove said...

Beautiful. Nice scenery...and I thought all of those scenes in anime were contrived lol

Yourmove said...

According to Facebook your birthday is coming up on saturday
sooo
happy early birthday!