Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Illumination

Here in Japan, around Christmas time Illuminations are very important. Our university had an illumination, I saw them all of the time on TV and my host-parents took us and my boyfriend out to one at a local park. It was super super cold, but the lights were really cool. Here are some of the pictures:



Thankfully it was a clear night and you could see the moon and stars really well. Unfortunately I was using my old camera at the time and it ran out of batteries pretty early on in the trip.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kool-aid fountains in Japan?! I'm there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Texan-----if the fountains were not frozen then it was really really cold as opposed to super super cold!
All kidding aside, I bet LIVE & IN COLOR the fountains were spectacular.

Nalesse said...

Hey! I saw your facebook note and went to your blog. Beautiful pictures, and a whole bunch of interesting info! Looks like you're enjoying Japan. I'll be reading from now on. =)