Sunday, September 9, 2007

And the Countdown Begins

So...tomorrow is the big day. My first flight takes off at 8:00 AM and I am supposed to arrive at Narita Airport at about midnight here in Texas, barring any flight delays, of course. So, it will take me about 16 hours to arrive in Japan, then I must get through customs and find a University representative and get to the hotel.

I can tell this is going to be a difficult transition for me. I'm already having a hard time falling asleep at night. And I still can't find one of my Japanese textbooks. I still haven't finished packing either. And people keep trying to tell me good-bye in person. I know that seems a little weird, but I'm on an emotional edge right now. I'm about to leave my family and country and go into the totally unknown (at least for me) and I won't be coming back for pretty much a full year. I just don't want to have a breakdown before I get to where I need to be.

But, on a lighter note, I saw the Nanny Diaries movie earlier this week which was really cute. I must admit I can identify with the main character pretty well. But, I guess that's what this trip is all about.

Also, in answer to my latest comments: Haha, I'll do my best not to get married right away. And I did not go through a company; the University's Center for International Studies arranged my homestay.

1 comment:

Yourmove said...

You'll be aight don't worry too much. I bet you'll adapt quicker than you realize.