Thursday, October 11, 2007

More About Kendo

Well, last night was my first time attending the kendo club! And it was really great! I don't have a uniform I can wear yet, so I just went in workout clothes. But as soon as I walked into the dressing room the girls asked me "you aren't taking pictures today?" Haha, it was so funny. But anyway, once I was changed I was taken to the dojo, which is where everybody practices. The girls were really nice to me, they helped me get the basic form down.

At first I just practiced with the girls who practice on one side of the room. Then the other American girl and I moved over to what I like to think of as the "gaijin corner" where they let us foreigners practice. While I was over there the girl who keeps the timer asked me if I'd ever done Kendo before. I told her that I hadn't and then she told me that my form was "clean." And it turns out that I really impressed everybody. So I'm going again tonight.

But here are the pictures I took from the other day's kendo practice. It was really hard to get good pictures because everybody is in constant motion all the time, so sorry about that.

Here's a picture of the other "gaijin" (foreigners) that are in the club:

And here's a picture of the players before they get suited up:

Here are a couple of the girls in armor:

Here's a picture of the players doing drills:

And here are a couple pictures of the other gaijin girl that's in the club:

1 comment:

Yourmove said...

I like how there is one girl looking at you as you take the picture of everyone when she's supposed to be paying attention.