Friday, August 3, 2007

A Beginning

Welcome! This is the first blog I've ever had, so here we go. Some of you may know me from school, others may know me from my jobs at the clothing store, or the daycare. And some of you just found out from myself or through somebody else.

At any rate, this will be my communication to you guys from Japan.

I am currently a student at the University of Texas, majoring in Japanese and minoring in English. And I am on schedule to study abroad in Machida, Japan. I will be leaving on September 10th of this year and I do not expect to return to the United States until August of next year at the earliest.

I am so excited about doing something so radically different from what I've grown used to. But at the same time, I am extremely nervous about leaving pretty much everything I know behind and starting a new life in a different culture. Any advice?

No comments: