Friday, August 10, 2007

Still waiting...

Well, I'm STILL in America. I have exactly one month left before my plane takes off. Haha, but I've entered a stage of denial. It doesn't feel like I'm going to be leaving the country for an entire year in only a month. It feels like it's happening to somebody else, but like I still have the bragging rights.

Right now I'm still waiting for my Certificate of Eligibility to apply for my VISA. I sent an e-mail to the university I will be attending in Japan and they said that they had sent them in the mail on this past Monday. As of now it's just left the inward office of exchange in San Francisco. As soon as I receive it, I have to get my passport, VISA application, a passport picture, and my Certificate of Eligibility off to the General Consulate of Japan in Houston. Hopefully I'll have enough time in between now and September to mail it in.

And, I also got another e-mail from the university saying that I have to take my Japanese language placement test by August 25. (!!!) I had thought that I was going to take it as soon as I got over to Japan. So it's really crunch-time now. I've been spending a lot of my free time going over my notes and textbooks for the past two years of Japanese class. I'm a little nervous that I'll have to take my fourth semester over again while I'm there which would throw my whole degree plan off schedule.

I also have to start thinking about how I'm going to get all of my stuff over to Japan. Does anybody have any ideas? Not to mention I have to get a cell phone as soon as I get over there. I won't have AIM when I get over there, but I will have Skype, so if you want to chat or something, send me an e-mail or leave a comment or something. (Note: I WILL NOT GIVE OUT MY SCREENNAME TO ANYBODY I HAVE NOT SEEN IN PERSON.)

However, I still am working at the daycare. A lot of my co-workers are leaving today to go back to college. I think it's going to get a bit strained now, since we'll be down about three people or so. And today was the last day of math class. I'm actually a little relieved. Now I have more time...which will inevitably be devoted to more studying. Yippee.

No comments: