Monday, August 13, 2007

My Kids

So, as I've already mentioned, I work at a daycare during the week. Well, I just thought I'd put up a couple of funny happenings from the past week.

First of all I work with 6-12 year olds in the morning. Just after lunch one afternoon a couple of the older girls decided that I needed a boyfriend. So, they go to each of the male teachers working at the time and who knows what they asked them. Haha, it was so embarrassing. I got an answer from one of them, though. I believe it was something like "sorry, I'm more like a good friend." Aw, rejection hurts every time.

Then, one day I was telling some kids about a dream I had had where someone had accidentally elbowed me in the ribs. It hurt so much that I had dropped to the floor and was rolling around in pain. One of my kids interrupted me at that point and told me "You should go to the hospital. They can give you plastic ribs."

I also happen to work in the four-year-old class in the afternoons. I come in and wake them up from their naps. And we generally take it for granted that the fours are potty trained. However, sometimes they DO have the occasional accident. They had been up for about 15 minutes when I went to tickle one of the girls and I found her dress was wet. Now, this girl is always dressed in the cutest clothes and she has tons of clips and bands for her hair in her cubby. Well, I went to check and see if she had any spare clothes, but she only had underwear and shorts. So I told her to go into the bathroom with the new shorts and underwear and to get changed. Well, I come back with a shirt and I open the door to see her bawling her eyes out. I asked her what was wrong and she wailed, "I don't want to wear these!"

...oh my goodness.

She didn't tell me that she had wet herself because she didn't want to wear her spare clothes. Wow. So I promised her I'd fix her hair up real cute once we got outside. Haha, so I fixed her hair into little pigtails, she looked so cute! And she seemed a whole lot brighter after that was finished. Heh. Kids...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew!No embarrasing tales about me

Anonymous said...

Whew!Nothing private 'bout me here